May 18, 2012

PAR-TAY

A few weeks ago Ben got a new job at the same company, so we decided to throw a PAR-TAY for his old department.  That meant having somewhere between a minimum of 20 peeps to a maximum of about 40 peeps at our house.  I have no problem with that.  In fact, it downright makes me happy!  I love to entertain.  The only problem with this was that some of the people are vegetarians.  Not that it is a real problem, just a bit difficult for me since I am a "Meat and Taters" kind of girl.  

Thank you PINTEREST for helping me solve that problem.  I found a neato recipe for kabobs.  I just altered it a little since it called for meat.  Below is the recipe:


ANTIPASTO KABOBS1  9 oz package of Three Cheese Tortellini , (I used Buitoni )cooked to package directions
1 can Medium or Large pitted Black Olives
1 5.75 oz jar Green Olives
2 12 oz containers of marinated mozzarella balls(usually found near the speciality cheeses)
30 slices of Salami, cut in half
60 pieces of pepperoni
1 cup Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing (store bought or homemade), I simply used Kroger Brand.
60 Skewers   How ever many you want to make. I had to cut mine in half
Place the cooked tortellini in a bowl or large gallon freeze bag. Pour the salad dressing over the top and marinade in the fridge for a few hours.
Drain the pasta.
Place one of each item onto the skewer using the pointy side.
Can be made a few hours in advance. Just cover tightly and place in the refrigerator.
In order to make my kabobs vegetarian, I took out all the meet and added cherry tomatoes.  

Here are some other photos from the food table:











Everything was super yummy!  I even made labels for most everything, which I was proud of.  The sliders, buffalo sliders, and chicken fingers were ordered from Harry's in Lexington.  I highly recommend ordering from their catering menu for large parties.  Great price and great food!

Hope y'all have a good weekend!  


No comments:

Post a Comment