May 2, 2012

Styled Seating

I know I promised the dirty floor update first, but I haven't been able to get any good pics yet.  So I am going to show you something else that I am proud of.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, when we moved in our house 9 years ago we were given lots of hand-me-downs.  Below is a photo of yet another one.  "The Pink Loveseat."



This has been a part of the family for years and years and years.  I needed it to fill up space in my living room.  The pink worked for 9 years, but it was time for a change.  I headed to Big Lots and bought a slip cover.


The bad news was that it was too big.  Apparently my loveseat was not a standard size.  Therefore, I had to  take it upon myself to make it work.  I only paid $30 for the packaged slipcover.  I could not have bought the fabric for that.  And I had I go-by for my loveseat.  I turned the thing inside out, pinned it, and then sewed it to make it fit.



But that wasn't enough.  It still needed something to make it "pop."  I ventured out to ETSY and found these fabulous pillows.  Three for $40 was just what I needed.  Yet again, I could not have bought the fabric for $40.



MISSION COMPLETE!

No comments:

Post a Comment